Create a Project from the Cross Project View
The cross-project view displays a running timeline of all of your projects. It is represented by a Gantt chart. You can access the Project Creation Wizard from the cross-project view by completing the following:
- Navigate to the Project tab.
- This can be accessed via the App Launcher or the navigation bar along the top.
- Click New Project in the top right corner.
Need more help? Learn more about project creation with our interactive lesson!
Create a Project from the Project Tab Dropdown
The project tab dropdown allows you to create projects and view a list of your recent projects. It also provides a link to a complete list of recent projects past what shows up in the recent records list. To access the Project Creation Wizard from the project tab dropdown, do the following:
- Click the down arrow next to the project tab in the top navigation bar.
- Select + New Project.
Create a Project from the Related List
The related lists option is useful if you have an object that has a relationship to the Project object. Common objects that use the related list are Accounts and Opportunities. Custom objects may also be used. Complete the following steps to access the project creation wizard from the related list:
- Select an object related to the project object.
- Search for the project related list in the related lists section.
- Click the New button.